Friday, May 10, 2013

Layers



It's not the best picture...it's so hard to show the delicacy of a letter transparency. I printed the letter (to my Grandma from her mother) on tracing paper. I'm learning that matte medium DOES NOT work well for everything (duh), I know. But it is like liquid gold. Now I am finally figuring out the joys of a glue stick. Who knew? Also, spray adhesive is pretty darn awesome as well, just make sure you have good ventilation (cough, cough).
I'm reading a little gem right now called "Steal Like an Artist" by Austin Kleon. It's a good read. I mean, it's true there is nothing really "new" out there. I find things I like and then figure out how they made them and then.....make them my own, meaning, my art, my drawing, my letters in my personal collection, you make it personal. You make it yours.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That's beautiful! I have a giant, GIANT stash of old stamps that my father-in-law thoughtfully bought for me at a flea market years ago... I love using them in art. Because anything postage related makes me sigh happily. : )